The Malaysian Corporate Counsel Association is the only legal body that is specifically geared to the in-house practice of law, serving in-house counsel as well as the outside counsel who work with them. Exciting things are happening in the Malaysian Corporate Counsel Association in the coming year! Join us to enjoy the many benefits of Membership. The cost for your membership is great value considering the many benefits you will receive.
Why you should join MCCA:
- Keep up with developments in the in-house practice area locally and regionally through online access, e-alerts and through our events.
- Network with fellow members locally and internationally through our sister organisations in Malaysia, regionally in the Asia Pacific Corporate Counsel Association, and globally through In House Counsel Worldwide. This allows concessionary reciprocal rates at each other’s events and for publications. At times, these may even be free of charge.
- Improve your career opportunities. The best jobs are not advertised in the mainstream media. In the past 3 years, MCCA’s network has help fill at least 12 legal jobs including at head of department level. Headhunters often source talent through MCCA. We will be setting up a resume database on-line soon.
- Source for top talent. If you are recruiting, MCCA helps you get in touch with talent.
- Mentoring by senior members and peers. Many members have benefitted from getting a fellow member to listen to their issues and help with ideas.
- Enhance rights and privileges of in-house counsel. With MCCA’s growth, we would be able to seek privileges, accreditation and exemptions which allow our members to be more effective professionally.
- Liaise with other professional bodies and institutions who hold joint activities and collaborate with MCCA. These have included the Malaysian Bar, KLRCA, MIArb, CIArb, SSM, Brickfields Asia College and will soon expand to many others.
- Attend training and continuing education programmes conducted by experienced members, colleagues at the Bar and other professionals. Again, benefit from discounted rates or even free attendance. We are also negotiating discounts for books and publications, both hardcopies and on-line.